THINGS TO DO IN DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
SEE, DO AND STAY
Dumfries & Galloway has a huge choice of places to stay and visit. A small selection is listed below.
For further information on attractions, accommodation and other things to do in Dumfries and Galloway, visit www.visitscotland.com.
PLACES TO VISIT
TOWNS OF DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
VISITOR ATTRACTIONS OF DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
FREE ATTRACTIONS OF DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
BED & BREAKFASTS
- Buittle Castle, near Castle Douglas – A chance to stay in an 850 year old castle
- The Auld Kirk, Kirkbean– A beautifully renovated former church, and a very welcoming charming host.
- The Steamboat, Carspahirn– An award winning pub with sea views, and great food.
- Hazlefield House, Auchencairn – A beautiful Georgian house, overlooking the Solway Firth. You will have the warmest of welcomes and an amazing locally sourced breakfast.
- Balcary Bay Hotel, Auchencairn – Traditional country house hotel, with a stunning sea location
- Cavens Country House Hotel, Kirkbean – High end country house hotel, with superb restaurant.
- Mabie House Hotel, Dumfries – Country house hotel, with Mabie Forest withing walking distance
- Craigadam Country House Hotel – Stunning, boutique country house hotel,
- Friars Carse Country House Hotel – Country house hotel, with elegant interiors anf set in a beautiful set on the banks of the River Nith
- Meiklebob. near Kippford – Beautifully converted farm cottages,
- Gorsebank, Dalbeattie– Glamping pods, bothies and cabins
- Millbrae House – Craig Roan Cottage, Loch View Cottage and Sanderling Cottage, Rockcliffe – Beautifully appointed self- catering cottages
A SELECTION OF VEHICLES PERFECT FOR EVERY OCCASION
You’ll love campervan Daisy with her classic hippy vibe, and the unmistakable sound and feel of her VW air cooled engine.
Then there’s Bluebelle, a stunning 1960s Triumph Herald convertible who has starred in many a TV programme and music video.
And Snowdrop, a Morris Minor who is full of charm with original features and a gorgeous burgundy leather interior.