CLASSIC CAR HIRE IN SCOTLAND
…Driving along the dramatic coastline and rolling hills of Dumfries & Galloway in a Triumph Herald convertible or Morris Minor.
Classic car hire in Scotland is a charming way to discover villages and attractions as you take in the breathtaking scenery of this area of outstanding natural beauty. In one of our vehicles, the journey to your destination is all part of the fun.
But before you decide to hire a classic car you might have a few questions!
- Are there any age limits?
Any driver must be at least 25 years old, and no older than 78 years old.
- Does the price include insurance?
Yes! The price includes fully comprehensive insurance for one driver.
- Are we able to have more than one driver?
We are happy to arrange insurance for up 2 extra drivers. This costs £10 per day, per driver.
- Are we liable for the excess, if we are involved with an accident?
If you have a UK licence, you are not liable. We have extra insurance (included in the price), which covers any excess incurred at one incident.
- Can I leave my car with you?
You ar welcome to park your car at our property for the duration of your hire.
- What fuel do the cars take?
Just refill the car with ordinary premium un-leaded petrol (nearest fuel station in Dalbeattie).
- How many passengers do the cars take?
Both cars will take up to 3 passengers, plus the driver. However, please be aware the back seats are not spacious, especially in the Triumph.
- Is there a maximum number distance per day?
We don’t put a limit on the number of miles you can drive per day. But the age of cars and the country lanes do mean you won’t be able to travel at the same speed as a modern car.
- Are the cars manual or automatic?
All our vehicles have manual gear boxes.
- How long can I hire one of your cars for?
Either of our cars can be hired for a minimum of one day, to a maximum of one month.
- Do I have to pay a any kind of deposit?
UK driving licence holders: If you hire one of our cars for up to three days, there is no deposit. However, if your hire is for 4 days or more, we take a security deposit of £500 (by debit/credit card) when you pick up the car. This will be refunded within 48 hours of the safe return of the car. The deposit covers any damage to the vehicle which isn’t covered by insurance, such as damage to tyres.
Non-UK driving licence holders: There is a refundable security deposit of £1800.
- Do the cars have seatbelts?
Our Triumph Herald has seatbelts in the front and back. Our Morris Minor has seat belts in the front seats.
Can I buy a voucher?
- Yes, we will post or email you a voucher. This will be personalised with the recipient’s name, the occasion and include a photo of the relevant car. Vouchers are available for one day or more. Have a look here for more information about our vouchers.
- Does the Triumph Herald have a hood/roof?
Yes! The Triumph has a cream, waterproof hood, which is very easy to put up and down. The hood was was replaced in 2019, and was made by the manufacturers of the original hood.
Take a look at Fiona Outdoor’s experience of driving the South West Coastal 300 route in our Triumph Herald:
A SELECTION OF VEHICLES PERFECT FOR EVERY OCCASION
You’ll love campervan Daisy with her classic hippy vibe, and the unmistakable sound and feel of her VW air cooled engine.
Then there’s Bluebelle, a stunning 1960s Triumph Herald convertible who has starred in many a TV programme and music video.
And Snowdrop, a Morris Minor who is full of charm with original features and a gorgeous burgundy leather interior.