5 REASON YOU SHOULD HIRE OUR CLASSIC 1973 VW CAMPER
Our vehicles are finally able to leave the garage again!
And we can start looking forward to the rest of the year. This should be a summer to remember!
If you fancy an adventure in a classic VW camper, why should you choose our Daisy?
- Unlike many classic VW campers available for hire, Daisy has the more robust type 4 air-cooled engine. So, what does this mean? Well, without getting too technical, this means that Daisy’s engine has much better climbing ability – very useful when driving the many steep roads and lanes of Scotland! This type of engine is also stronger and more reliable – obviously a very important aspect to a trip in a camper.
- As with most hire companies, we offer insurance for one driver included in the hire price. What is not always included, is free collision damage waiver. This means that in the unlikely event we have to make a claim from the insurance company, our customer will not have to pay any insurance excess (Please be aware this only applies to the first claim and holders of UK driving licences).
- Again on the subject of insurance, we also include a free uninsured loss policy, with every hire. This covers you, if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an incident which means Daisy is out of action. Any costs incurred like hotel accommodation, or car hire will be reimbursed.
- Unlike some camper hire businesses, we don’t limit the number of miles you are allowed to travel in one day. This leaves you with freedom to travel the UK as you please. However, Daisy is quite a mature lady, and doesn’t like travelling at a great speed! She is happiest travelling at 50-55 miles an hour, so you won’t be able to travel as fast as you could in a modern vehicle. But the journey and taking in the view is part of the fun in a classic VW!
- If you have ever driven a VW camper, you may have found changing gear a bit vague and clunky. But, one ot the modern additions we have made to Daisy is an upgraded gear change mechanism. This makes for much easier and more precise gear shifting – and which can only add to the the enjoyment of driving our VW camper on the open road.
If you would like to read more about our VW Camper and how to hire her – please have a look here